Clonmacnoise is a monastic site based in Clonmacnoise, Shannonbridge, County Offaly, just 45 minutes from Great National Central Hotel Tullamore.
Clonmacnoise is an early Christian site founded by Saint Ciaran from the mid-6th century on the eastern bank of the River Shannon. The site includes the ruins of a cathedral, seven churches between the 10th and 13th centuries, two round towers, three high crosses and the biggest collection of Early Christian graveslabs in Western Europe.
Clonmacnoise provides guided tours and audio/video presentations.
Opening Hours (Open All Year Round):
- November to mid-March: 10:00am to 5:30pm
- Mid-March to May: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- June to August: 9:00am to 6:30pm
- September to October: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Closed on 25th and 26th December.
- Last admission is 45 minutes before closing.
- Adult: €7.00
- Group/Senior: €5.00
- Child/Student: €3.00
- Family: €17.00
- Credit/debit cards are both accepted.
* All groups must be pre-booked.
Call +353 (0) 90 9674195 or e-mail email@example.com
Address: Clonmacnoise, Shannonbridge, County Offaly, Ireland.